FAQ's About Our Services, Our Policies and Our Sitters
1. Q: My neighbor's kid will walk my dog for $5, why should I pay 5x as much for a professional? A: While it may be tempting to have your neighbor's kid walk your dog, we as professionals have extensive training and resources to ensure your dog is safe for the duration of their walk. It is very unlikely that the neighbor kid has access to: --Reliable Transportation --A Continuity of Service Guarantee (meaning a sitter will be available to take care of your pets if the primary sitter isn't available) --Pet First Aid/CPR Training --Knowledge of local vets/pet emergency care facilities --A reputation for quality built over more than a decade of service --Insurance and Bonding protections
As professional pet sitters, all of these factors and more are what justify our prices as well as a strict code of professional conduct and standards for all of our staff. You may rest assured that a contract with us offers more protection and peace-of-mind for yourself, your animals, and property than the neighbor kid or lesser gig-based pet sitting apps ever could.
2. Q: What do the certifications and organizations mean? A: Jenn has obtained the certification of CPPS (Certified Professional Pet Sitter) from Pet Sitters International (PSI). To obtain this certification, she demonstrated her knowledge in pet care for multiple kinds of pets, customer service and basic pet business practices. This certification must be renewed every 3 years by obtaining 30 CEU's (Continuing Education Units). Jenn also has a certification in Health, Safety and Sanitation to keep our clients, their pets and sitters safe. Jenn and Ryan have obtained their certification in COVID-19 safety to ensure we keep everyone safe during the pandemic. All of our sitters must maintain their certification in Pet First Aid & CPR which must be renewed every 2 years. We are a proud member of PSI which is an amazing organization whose goal is to provide professional pet sitters and dog walkers with continued education and resources to help us provide the best possible service to our clients.
3. Q: Do you provide daily updates? A: Yes, we provide updates after each visit with a visit report, pictures and a little written description about the visit.
4. Q: Will there be more than one sitter caring for my pets? A: While no one will be in your home whom you have not met, we do ask that you meet at least 2 of our sitters/walkers so we can ensure we can provide service even during the busiest times of year (i.e. summer, holidays). And rest assured all of our sitters are thoroughly vetted, background checked and trained before they are handed a pet sit or dog walking assignment on their own.
5. Q: How will you keep my information private and secure? A: Our software is secured with bank level security so your information is as secure as it possibly can be. Your contracts are stored in our software or Docusign.
6. Q: We have cameras, is that a problem? A: Not at all as long as they are not in bathrooms or bedrooms.
7. Q: What services do you offer? A: We offer dog walking for 30 or 60 minutes, pet sitting for 30 or 60 minutes, *almost* overnight care and livestock care.
8. Q: How do I get started? A: Send us an inquiry through the Contact Us portion on our Homepage, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call is at 408-897-2019 and we will get a meet and greet set up. We can do a meet and greet in person (or during the pandemic we can do a Zoom call).
9. Q: Do you board pets? A: We do not offer boarding, but we have some great recommendations. Just send us a message!
10. Q: What payments do you accept? A: We accept cash, check, PayPal (email@example.com), Venmo (@jennspettlc), all major credit cards and e-check.
11. Q: What is your cancellation policy? A: Cancellations for Pet Sitting and Overnight bookings less than 48 hours from the start of the scheduled service period will be charged in full. Bookings cancelled between 2-14 days from the start of the scheduled service period will be charged at 50% of the total invoice. Bookings cancelled 15 days or more will not be charged. Cancellations for Dog Walks less than 12 hours from the scheduled service will be charged in full. Dog Walks cancelled 13-24 hours from scheduled service will be charged 50%. Dog Walks cancelled more than 24 hours in advance will not be charged.
12. Q: Do you have any pets? A: Yes, Jenn and Ryan have 2 kitties (Chester and Lilly) a tank with fish and an aquatic frog and a horse (Harley). Our staff members have pets of their own as well.